Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, February 04, 2018

UNDER A BLUE MOON (photomorph) & MUSIC OF THE NIGHT (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


MUSIC OF THE NIGHT

the garden in the city's restaurant
row, rests under a windless night,
nestled at the edge of the curb
and draping over the gentle slope
onto the tarmac

not your usual garden, nothing
really growing, at least not in
the sense one usually thinks
of as such, but non-living things
tossed deliberately aside
or left thoughtlessly behind,
gathered together by the winds
of happenstance and seemingly
communing as their ranks
swell gradually

a friend exits my favorite natural
foods restaurant just as I start
to play my didjeridu* to this
gorgeously surreal garden,
filled with morphing shadows
and pinpoint highlights,
most folk don't even notice,
hoping the vibrations of my didj
will be not only welcomed by this
almost melodic mélange,
but even be supportive
of its explorations

my friend's shocking pink
sweatshirt and shoulder length
blonde hair light up the early evening
like some heavenly orb visiting earth;
she immediately starts to hop around
in rhythm to my didj playing,
her delight brighter than
the rising blue moon

hopping all the way, she goes back
through the door of the restaurant,
announcing in a breathy voice
to all within: look!
a kangaroo dance
to the music of the night


[free verse poem on a dream of 1-28-18. *I do actually have and play a didjeridu. There's a lot more to this dream, but the amusing aspect is: this was the last dream I had and it was telling me to "get hopping!" I'd been waaaay over-sleeping! Also, there was a blue moon on January 31st (and there will be another at the end of March). BTW, I've not posted here for several days because my google chrome program would not open and I was having a devil of time trying to figure out how to save my universe of bookmarks in it, on uninstall/reinstall. Not even chrome's program folder on my computer would open. And though there is a program touted to copy things like bookmarks from one program to another without opening either of them, I'm wary of downloading such unknown "entities." Ditto for registry cleaning/clearing programs. And I can't use I.E. for blog posts as there's an ancient "enmity" between I.E. and the blog platform I use. It's been a known problem for many years, that neither "combatant" has cared to do anything about -- which is why I switched to chrome four years ago. Anyway, it's a relief to look forward again to making a daily post here, and to my photograph blog. Sadly, and it's also making me nuts, still trying to get the edit profile program here in blogger to produce the proper shape in my profile pic on the right ... ACK!! Is it all really worth it? Photomorph "Under a Blue Moon" (8-18-09 5770v10) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home