Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, December 10, 2017

THE SUMMONS (photomorph) & DON'T TOUCH THIS WITH A TEN FOOT POLE (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


DON'T TOUCH THIS WITH A TEN FOOT POLE

... don't tell me! not another male
(don't want to give him
the dignity of calling him a man)
who's coming on to me

and, as always, I'm sure it's nothing
more than a tease, an attractive male
throwing this poor old lady a bone
(if you'll pardon that awful
unintended pun)

the subject of his conversation's
(as always and ever) carefully neutral
and if it weren't for what radiates off
this male in almost tangible hot waves
like a full body smile, I'd dismiss
the encounter

sigh .. and also if it weren't for my own
disruptively intense response to him
(I'm so sick of men that even typing
that word galls me) this dream would
not have had any more impact than
a draft brushing my shoulders as I
turn over in bed and go right
back to sleep

but, damnation, I'm too caught up
in the tangle of the artfully bland
with the hotly burning energy
that he puts out like two different
commands being spoken at once:
stay distant ... come here ...
stay distant ... come here ...

long experience, though, teaches me
which to listen to and act upon,
for if I take the heated, all too
enticing one for real,
more the fool I

this old lady knows all too well how
a male's invitation turns to a rain
of ashes should she take courage
in hand and reach through his wary
hoard of distance


[free verse poem on a dream of 12-7-17. Sadly for me, there's also probably some projection going on in this dream. The double message may very well be what the men I find attractive get from me. So, the title not only advises me re: men's message, but reflects my resistance to even acknowledging the possibility that I may give the same one. Photomorph "The Summons" (12-6-17 011v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home