Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, December 03, 2017

FALL NIGHT (photo) & A NIGHT OF STURM UND DRANG (dream narrative) by Roswila


A NIGHT OF STURM UND DRANG

somewhere in the middle of all this sturm
und drang, I lost all the men who also
schlepped through the night ...

first, a woman friend arrives at my door
without having called ahead first; as I adjust
to this, I notice she's got her cat with her
and that she's deliberately agitating it;
my sympathy goes out to the cat and I
extend my hand carefully to see if it will
accept a soothing stroking, while I give her
a questioning, stern look; then I see brilliant
rainbows flashing from her earrings: somehow
she's gotten hold of my old multi-gem stoned
pair and is strutting them as if they're her own
and playing dumb when I object

next, a woman I do not get along with at all
and I are in some sort of snafu: I work
patiently (almost literally biting my tongue
to keep from telling her off) to get it clear
between us, even writing it down again
and again in a lengthy, organized list to try
to make sense to her; then it hits me she's not
interested in sense at all, only in being a pain
in the ass, in getting even with me (and just
about everyone else) for ill treatment she'd
suffered in the past at the hands of others

last, I'm with my dearest friend whose
hearing is more than a bit problematic: I write
it all down to supplement our lengthy verbal
communication, but find hope fading rapidly
that anything is getting through, and I even
begin to wonder if I'm hearing accurately
myself, if my own ability to comprehend is
thoroughly fucked up by all this intense,
anxiety provoking disconnection ...

and then there's all the men I've lost
along the way ... the hell "lost,"
just as in waking life,
"never even had"


[free verse poem on a dream of 11-30-17. Talk about shadow work! And I do see aspects of myself in these three women that make me squirm. I find it the hardest to take in that I may still be playing the "get even" game. I also find it interesting that the over-riding issue with all three is difficult communication. Since if there is one over-riding problem between me and men (those creatures that faded out of my dream recall on waking, though I know they were around) it's also communication. At least at the end of this dream I'm beginning to take some responsibility for my own "fucked up" "hearing." Photo "Fall Night" (12-2-17 002v3) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home