Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, December 08, 2017

AFTER THE LOSSES (photo) & STUFFING (free verse dream poem) by Roswila



STUFFING

... and now comes what I wish
were the coups de grace from him;
however, I know I'll not only go
on living, but developing the same
delusions and suffering the same
cutting releases

will I ever learn? ... well, wait a
minute, there's a difference between
learning something and accepting it:
I'm no dummy, never have been,
but accepting what's unbearable?
that is still beyond my ability

and not even his sweet, dark-haired
daughter's solicitous attention,
taking off my shoes and socks
for me so that I'll be comfortable,
can ease my panic that the loss
of another bright hope is surging
toward me like a tsunami

after all, my intensely fine-tuned
intuition tells me she's not so much
concerned for my physical ease,
as that I not disturb the ambiance
of their holiday gathering:
in other words, that I, at the very least,
fit in visually with these aging hippies

it's truly all about how things appear,
isn't it? what stuffs the insides to
bursting only matters when preparing
to cook turkeys, even with this
family of counter-culturals

and so I go on, pasting
on my good face for the world, while
a ravenous shadow rakes its hidden
inside to dark and bloody ribbons


[a mash up of a dream (of 12-6-17) and where it took me as I wrote about it. Photo "After the Losses" (11-26-17 005v2e) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home