Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

RUPTURE (photomorph) & ON IMPLOSION (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


ON IMPLOSION

he's as angry and self-righteous as usual,
and I, also as usual, quiet my inner
automatic judgment and irritation
when my empathy tunes into his deeper
emotional pain; however, it's quite scary
this time, as I also pick up signals of suicide;
just what should I do? given my own
tendency these days to erupt in flames, if I were
to race through the fires of his righteousness
and rage -- without even a hint that
anything I could do would help
and with nothing but ignorance with which
to do it -- would I be sacrificing myself
uselessly on the dark altar
of his imploding pain?


[free verse poem on a dream of 11-28-17. I can see a number of men in my life (past and present) in this man. But I think it applies to me even more so. Am I going to continue to make what are ultimately self-destructive decisions? E.g., when I went to sleep last night the answer to that would have been "Yes." But when I woke up this morning and recalled the dream, I actually found myself resisting the tremendous food binge I'd planned for today. And as the day has played out, I did not binge. Of course, there's a whole lot more in this dream than what I've just laid out. (E.g., my recent surge in problematic male relationships.) But I'd have to write a mini-novella here to go into it with any clarity at all. Photomorph "Rupture" (10-18-17 018v2h) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home