Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, December 15, 2017

THE HEART'S CHALLENGE (photomorph) & NO ROOM (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


NO ROOM

and now I pray for another man to come along,
one to put you to sleep; no, no, not that, not
to make an end of you as I do not wish that
and obviously it's not going to happen, but
to help me minimize your intense, complicated
program so that it runs silently and
deep in the background

what I crave is another man I can welcome who
will not only clearly demand but return my attention
and passion, keeping me too busy and focused
on him to fully register much less react to those
surges of pain that surround any thoughts of you

except maybe at nights when this new man
sleeps soundly, his ear against my breast
as if listening for my heart's secrets: will the quiet
thumping of my heart expose this secret to him?
will it whisper of how you visit me still in fully
relaxed moments like these, threatening to pull me
under and away from him? and how at times only
my love for him keeps me moored safely on this
after shore of passion, keeps putting you back to
sleep when I look down at his dear head and stroke
his hot skin: ah, truly, then there could be
no room left for you in my heart,
no room at all


[non-dream free verse poem written 12-15-17. Sigh, now I'm having layered cravings! Before I go on, may I say I'm getting a bit embarrassed about all these men dreams/poems. I've never been that sort of woman. In fact, I've always been too bloody independent for my own good. But the male of the species is what keeps coming up (if you'll pardon that awful, unintended pun) so I don't really have much choice. I won't ever again muffle myself, trying to live in denial, no matter how much I don't like what's actually going on. BTW, with respect to this recent long run of dreams about men? There were several in my dreams last night but I did not have the heart even to make notes toward a poem. And there were also so many other characters I'd have been up an hour or so just to get it all down even in very rough note form. Yeah, I know, excuses, excuses. Truth be told, I've lost heart for all of it right now. Interesting and not surprising that today's poem has "heart" at it's center. I also saw a movie yesterday afternoon that just about knocked all the stuffing out of me, that is very relevant here and too much to go into. I sat there as the credits were running, hoping none of my neighbors saw me wiping away tears. Then I had an encounter with a male of our species that evening ... not a good one. Pushed my heart even further away ... Photomorph "The Heart's Challenge" (4-3-17 019v4) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home