Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, December 11, 2017

A STORY TOLD IN ASHES (photomorph) & A HYPNOPOMPIC AFTERNOON NAP DREAM (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


A HYPNOPOMPIC*
AFTERNOON NAP DREAM

your voice -- and it was definitely your voice, as clear
and compelling as the blue skies here usually are,
though not now, not with smoke from a huge wildfire
muffling them -- saying softly and sadly, while lying
alone in a shadowy place "Where are you, Patricia?"
of course, I instantly know I've just had a wish fulfillment
dream; not that I wish you sad and alone, but that I want
you to wonder where I am, to call me to you at last,
to seek me out without any hesitation dusted with hints I
cannot read even on the clearest of days; I go about
the rest of my afternoon, the memory of your dream call
sifting down to me, again and again, like the ash fall
outside my windows, fainter each time as if the effort
to speak out is, in the end, simply too much


[free verse poem based on a dream of 12-10-17. *A hypnopompic dream is a kind I rarely have. It occurs in a flash in the transition state from sleeping into waking and is incredibly realistic. A dream like this that occurs between waking and sleep is called hypnogogic. I've also seen flashes of amazingly intricate geometric, black and white patterns in this state. Though I haven't had either type of this transitional sort of dream in many years (i.e., realistic or geometric pattern). So it was startling (and a bit heartbreaking) to hear his voice so clearly calling to me. However, I also suspect this dream is -- at another level -- about me looking for myself. As I've been feeling very lost for a long time now. BTW, it seems the run of dreams about men isn't slowing as last night I had another one. Will post that tomorrow probably. Photomorph "A Story Told in Ashes" (12-6-17 021v2d) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home