Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, December 14, 2017

AN OFFERING OF REMNANTS (photo) & OH, NO!! (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


OH, NO!!

Oh, no!! no-no-no-NO! Patricia!
You're not now actually considering
being with him are you?

it's certainly understandable after all
the let downs, and being teased
or passed by, to dream of someone
coming to you, but "someone"
is not the same as "anyone..."

have you no good taste left? him?!

OK, he's set a nice table (but could he be
more obsequious?) and now he's laying
out a positively mouth-watering three-
course meal ... but honey bunny, he's
appealing to your deepest and still
threatening addiction: he's stooping
to using food as a weapon
in his slick assault

nuh uh! you have not had him wrong
all along ... squeetie-pie! your waffling
is the measure of your loneliness: hey,
the last layers of what little attractiveness
you may have had are fallen and dried,
or wave weakly in a wintery wind
when someone hurries by ...

it's past time to let the hope for a man
fall away with these last dangling
remnants of the colorful flags that,
unaware, you once displayed against all
sorts of odds and skies

best maybe to leave all the frustration
and doubt to crumble -- along with these few
pitiful bits of evidence of what was --
into that great memory
we call the earth


[free verse poem on a dream of 12-10-17. Yep, another dream about a male of our species (and, of course, other stuff, too). Another actual male in my life, as well as being one I've never dreamed about much less liked. So it was truly distressing to recall this dream. ACK! No way! However, once I began writing about it, it took a surprising turn. I now am wondering (as I do in the poem) if my intense desire for a man is also about my increasing loss of youth and whatever attractiveness I may have had. I.e., an urgent need to take an "end run" around all these losses, if you will, by getting involved with a man. I'm turning 74 this January 4. And it's been hitting me a hell of a lot harder than any other birthday I've had. BTW, I actually had this dream the night before the one posted about yesterday. Since posting yesterday's my mood has further deteriorated. I'd like to believe it's mostly all that junk we're breathing from the wild fire(s). My arthritic joints are also yelling worse than usual. And I have "cabin fever," as I can't get out for my long walks. I may have to nail myself to the floor to keep from slapping on a mask, rolling out my walker, and going to the beach overlook anyway. Oh, grumpus mumpus! So many complaints. When there's so much to be grateful for. Photomorph "An Offering of Remnants" 12-2-17 002v2a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home