Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

ALL THINGS UNRAVEL (photo) & THE SEAMSTRESS (dream narrative) by Roswila


THE SEAMSTRESS

she finds a temporary job as a seamstress,
in which she sews costumes for several men;
her work proves to be good enough that she's
hired for the position on a permanent basis

this gives her the confidence to relax into
her work and therefore do subsequent projects
a lot faster, which is immediately awarded
with a small raise

then one of those men she'd made
a costume for when still a temporary
seamstress, calls her over to him where
he stands on the floor of the large
communal company sewing room

this Terry Bradshaw* look-a-like praises
her sewing, holding up the black skirt
of his costume, admiring her careful
hand-stitching

she demurs that if it had not been just
a costume and instead been dressy or daily
life clothes, her stitches would have been
smaller and even more evenly spaced,
that some folk have said that her best
work appears almost to be machine sewn

he smiles, leaning rather seductively into
her, replying that he does believe that this
would have been so, while he suggestively
runs a large forefinger along her stitch work
on the waistband of the costume skirt
as he holds it up before them

his body's now pressed up against hers,
just about head to toe along her right side

she's getting as turned on as he seems
to be, but doesn't like being pinned here by
his large body, between his bed
and the door frame

but then again, why does she feel so
ambivalent about the way this clearly mutual
attraction is being gently pressed upon her,
by a man who respects her skill
and careful work,
and wants her old body?


[narrative on a dream of 12-11-17. Yep, another man dream. *Terry Bradshaw was on the T.V. show that I watched before going to bed that night: Better Late Than Never. That show title certainly speaks to me. :-) But Bradshaw is not someone I've ever thought about, one way or the other. Though of the five men on that show, I can say he'd be the only one I might be drawn to. Sewing is a very interesting symbol, many leveled. Given that I have actually hand-sewn (and been told it looked like machine stitching) a great deal in the past (no patience for it anymore) it becomes even more intriguing. I'd say sewing here mostly represents my creativity. I.e., bringing two different planes/things together in a new way? That I sewed costumes for several men is also intriguing. Clothes of any kind often represent our personas (the various masks we wear to navigate our lives). The color black in my dreams often means something new is brewing, Those two different planes that got sewed together may be producing a new way of viewing men? At the very least, of dealing with their various masks? This dream will keep me busy exploring it for some time, I think. BTW, this is not the dream mentioned in the comments to my last post. I'm still holding that one. Honestly, however, the mood I'm in today neither of the dream pieces seems OK to post. I.e, neither reflects how miserable I am today, both in body and spirit. The pic of mine I've chosen to post with today's piece is closer to where I'm at. Photo "All Things Unravel" (12-2-17 005v7) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home