Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, August 07, 2017

NIGHT MUSIC (photomorph) & FLIP FLOPS (prose poem on a dream) by Roswila


FLIP FLOPS

as evening draws near, a man I like but don't
know very well approaches me gallantly;
we head off for a lazy stroll along
the summer city sidewalk;
I have my arm looped through his for support
as I'd forgotten to put on shoes and want
to be able to quickly adjust my trajectory
as need be to avoid rough spots
along the way;
he briefly stops and bends forward to read out
loud from a flyer in a store window: a country
music band's going to start playing
soon in the tavern maybe a block
and a half away;
I'd forgotten they were to appear tonight, and
when he and I excitedly agree to head there,
I recall I probably won't be allowed
in with bare feet;
I say that I bought a pair of flip flops at
Trader Joe's not long ago, maybe they still
sell them, they're cheap, and there's a
Trader Joe's right over there;
we hurry to it, he very carefully supporting
my hobbling bare foot shuffle, his hand
cupping my left elbow;
in the store he guides me, hand on my lower
back, into an empty changing room
and says to stay there;
I chuckle: privacy to put on sandals? but it
feels good to be so thoughtfully taken care
of for a change;
when he returns with a pair of yellow flip
flops I see they're a different style from
those others I'd gotten, thicker soled,
which is great, and not as large so
they won't flop around quite
so much;
he starts to place them in my hands, then puts
them on the floor in front of me instead so
that I can readily slip them on: how little
it takes for a man to make me
feel like Cinderella


[prose poem on a dream of 8-5-17. Photomorph "Night Music" (5-27-17 001v4) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home