Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, August 04, 2017

SWIZZLE STICK (photomorph) & MILLE FIORI (dream narrative) by Roswila


MILLE FIORI

on the counter of the new shopping mall
rests a profusion of mille fiori:
tiny individual yellow daisy* flowers
on the end of black stems, each about
the size of a swizzle stick or a lady's
hat pin, but surprisingly flexible, not
the usual hard glass -- they fascinate me,
drawing the salesman to come over and wait
quietly to see if he can be of service; now
I have something else to fascinate me -- him:
stocky and bright eyed, rather too young
for me, but that's not to say I can't enjoy
the interaction anyway; he's rather laid back
which makes me a little nonplussed since he
is in sales, but just as I open my mouth
to inquire as to the price of one of these
sweet mille fiori, he starts telling me
in great detail about how they are made
and I begin to feel his interest is in me,
as much as any sale he might make; I'm quite
surprised to know that these tiny daisy sticks
are edible, and once digested their component
chemicals spread softly outward from where
they wind up in the brain; he then shows me
an illustration of this: it resembles
an impressive inkblot in pastel aqua, yellow,
and pink: like a water color painting, I think,
a biological work of art, lighting up the brain,
even as my own brain must be lit up like a neon
sign, seeing his clearly flirtatious smile as he
gallantly hands me one of the mille fiori, saying,
here, for you it's free


[narrative on a dream of 8-2-17. *Symbolism of daisies, basically daises are said to represent innocence, purity, and true love. Awww! Talk about a wish fulfillment dream! BTW, daisies are actually edible (and can be used medicinally for various ailments). I may very well have known all this in decades past when I was very interested in herbalism, but if I did I'd totally forgotten all this lore until googling daises with respect to this dream. This is an aspect of our dreams I really like and find helpful: how it can resurface the consciously forgotten. Photomorph "Swizzle Stick" (6-20-16 012v3) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home