Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

STEALING MY BREATH AWAY (photo) & THIS SHADOW (dream narrative) by Roswila


THIS SHADOW

Captain Picard* has taken a job as a CEO
and I'm now his Administrative Assistant;
my massive crush on him has only grown
over the years and I decide it's about time
I not wimp out and instead let him know
I am totally warm for his form

I slip a carefully composed brief letter to him,
outing my affection and desire, in with office
memos he'd dictated to me earlier and the mail
I'd opened and made notes on for him to peruse

before I place the full folder on the corner
of his large, dark wood desk, I take one last
look at my declaration of desire to be sure
there are no grammatical errors or typos;
as I do I see an irritating female co-worker
has slipped in a note to him, piggy backing
bluntly on mine: she's hastily scribbled
"I want to sleep with you, too," marring
my carefully composed and typed note

will I ever shake this shadow, this woman
who keeps trying to steal my life?


[narrative on a dream of 7-29-17. * Captain Jean Luc Picard, of the Starship Enterprise (Star Trek) fame, played by Patrick Stewart. My favorite Captain, followed closely by William Shatner as Captain James Tiberius Kirk. Photo "Stealing My Breath Away" (7-31-17 004v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home