Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, August 03, 2017

SPLASH! (photomorph) & THE SLIDE (dream narrative) by Roswila


THE SLIDE

the adolescent girl and I ride at break neck speed down
the long steep water slide; it's clear that stopping's
going to be an issue: no brakes exist for our
separate rushes to the bottom of this wet
ride; she reaches the end first and much
to my relief manages to come to a full
stop employing only a minor crash
that tumbles her lightly,
ass-over-tea-kettle;
I come up behind her at a speed
that brooks no slowing, and any
crash I might use to brake will
not only hurt but make a mess
of the white gate that stands at
the end of this water slide ride,
not to mention of me;
I make a wide
left-hand turn as I curve
into the course's end, hoping
this might slow my too rapid
approach a bit, but to no avail,
my own ass-over-tea-kettle
ending goes on in roll after
roll, bouncing me off
the gate
and
rattling it loudly several times,
but at least I'm able to steer
clear of a collision
with the girl,
who's
rather amused at my braking style;
then,
even though we're still
way too wet behind the ears,
we start rehearsing the show tunes
we're to perform later on, each of us
doing ourselves prouder with our heart
felt renditions of a series of favorite old
songs, than with our messy endings
to this break neck slide down hill


[narrative on a dream of 8-1-17. Why these line breaks? More and more, I'm bored with how a poem or narrative looks on the page/screen. This one was particularly difficult to get the lines in any sort of pleasing shape. So I decided to go further out than usual with my experimenting. And still at least vaguely hint at/support the content's action. Photomorph "Splash!" (8-1-17 002v2e) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home