Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

WILLOW BY MOONLIGHT (photomorph) & SEPARATION (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


SEPARATION

the only real difference is directions:

the white haired Eloi* are irresistibly called
to feed the blanched bodies of the secretive
Morlock in their lightless underground caverns,
meeting the ravenous hunger that comes
with separation

while the lying gibbous moon inexorably
drags me by all I bear that's still unconscious
and unmet under my own colorless
skin,** into the sky to satisfy
its horrendous appetite

until it grows to full size, to leer down
at the constantly renewing earth
like a dirty old man still seeking
his visual jollies


[free verse poem on a dream of 8-1-17. *Eloi: half of the human race -- the Morlocks being the other half -- in the far future of the short story The Time Machine" by H.G. Wells that was made into three different movies over the years. **I have no pigment left in my skin. A condition called vitiligo. It's not common to lose it all over one's body, but I have. The in between phases were odd looking, but for a great many years I've just looked like someone with a very fair complexion. BTW, the gibbous moon image comes out of the PMS (pre-moon syndrome) I suffer, that I've mentioned here many times: I get crazy/wonky, to one degree or other, under the waxing gibbous moon phase. Which is the phase of the moon right now (it'll be full on the 7th, when I'll start to feel a bit better). Photomorph "Willow by Moonlight" (8-1-17 003v2e) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home