Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, August 10, 2017

IN AN ELEPHANT'S EYE (photomorph) & ON OUTING (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


ON OUTING

yikes! I'm way behind
schedule, I'll have to leave all
this stuff on the floor --
but no worry, my new roommates
will surely tidy it nicely for me

and I'd do the same
for them, the way I have for each
roommate in the past --
it's an accommodation folk
make for each other as needed

but when I get home
all my stuff's just where I left it,
though my roommates have
been here and moved their own things,
rearranging them around my small piles

I talk to them both
later, but all they do is verbally
hog tie me, I feel
as if I'm in a straight jacket again
I can't stand when people do this!

I'm so tired of this crap: being
related to as if I'm off the wall

when all I'm ever trying to do
is out the elephant in the room


[tanka series capped by two two-liners on a dream of 8-5-17. Photomorph "In An Elephant's Eye" (3-3-10 10002v8) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home