Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

BUGS IN THE MACHINE (photomorph) & THE APARTMENT ALCOVE (on a dream) by Roswila


THE APARTMENT ALCOVE

the small alcove's been set up
as a sickroom, hospital bed and all,
its resident a young, dark haired
woman friend of mine who's
totally bed-bound, her friendly cat
checking out each visitor before
they enter the neatly packed space

as I stand before it, there's a huge
kerfuffle, her cat challenges a new,
smaller cat's arrival in that way of cats,
more fuss and fur than any real hurt

as I watch the fur settle I decide
to finally do a much needed
vacuuming of the entire apartment,
briefly pleased that the man
I'm currently quite attracted to
is around to watch me, my awareness
of his look like warm hands on my back
as I bend to the considerable task

when my vacuum hits the outside
edge of the alcove I see that it's now
completely empty but for dust
and dirt, somehow I know my sick
friend's condition advanced overnight,
and she's been moved to a temporary
better equipped space in New York City,
awaiting entrance to a fully suitable facility

I swallow my sorrow for the time being
and go about vacuuming the alcove,
chasing down a sudden flood of bugs
as they scatter wildly before
the vacuum's noisy maw


[on a dream of 6-13-16. These images are from a couple of current situations, and the memory raised by one of them (I took care of my best friend many years ago as she died of cancer, in the apartment we shared). There are also the usual twists and embellishments dreaming adds. Photomorph "Bugs in the Machine" (6-12-16 001v6b) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home