Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, June 04, 2016

CROWDED ROOST (photo) & ON TAKING SHOTS (dream narrative) by Roswila


ON TAKING SHOTS

... and so I take a shot and revisit
those two women in their sunny,
white wood, crafts store (though
I'm concerned they'll not welcome
me anymore now than they did back
then) I even bring a little gift for
each of them, and almost immediately
find myself cleaning up a mess someone
else left, all the while under the watchful
eye of the red-haired (relatively) more
friendly gal (who was surprised by my little
gift that can be used a couple of different
ways) I make short work of the cleaning
and go on to try to pack for my train trip
but that doesn't work out (why should anything
work out? this dream has already telegraphed
a message of frustration) and I wind up
bringing only my big black shoulder bag
with me onto the crowded train, I struggle
through the narrow aisles to sit in a small
window seat, outside of which on the platform,
the red-haired woman thanks me quite genuinely
for my gift, adding that applying it had saved
her boat, I barely take this in when the big
issue becomes what to eat since I wasn't able
to pack the way I normally would, I give up
on a search through my bag (nothing edible,
no matter I again become vaguely aware I'm
dreaming and can dream the bag full with food
if I want to) and get up to stretch my legs,
not a good choice, not with all these people
crowding the aisles, yammering, and clamoring
for responses to their own questions as the train
lurches through the twilight, one very tall,
dark haired, young man I've met before, reminds
me of many men I've known, although (literally
and figuratively speaking) he's a stand out among
them, and I begin to inch forward, taking the chance
that I'm ready for the full body contact with him
going further ahead will require, wondering (and not
for the first time) where all this risk taking is going


[narrative on a dream of 6-3-16. I see this dream as partly in response to a question I put to my dreams before going to sleep last night, as I do get an answer, of sorts, from it: life is just plain risky. Beyond the answer to my specific incubating question, it offers some interesting takes on my current life issues. Photo "Crowded Roost" (4-8a-15 010v3) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home