Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, June 05, 2016

RELUCTANT FAREWELLS (photomorph) & TO EVERYTHING THERE IS A SEASON... (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


TO EVERYTHING THERE IS A SEASON...

Muhammad Ali
can't go with us on the trip
"You must stay behind"
I say, "You're extremely ill
and need medical treatment"

sadness bows his young dark head
further weighting my already heavy heart

"I feel like I'm giving up the fight," he says,
and I nod silently in tear choked agreement,

not able to say that it also feels like that
to me, to have to move on without him


[a tanka with three two-liners on a dream of 6-4-16. Yes, this is the Muhammad Ali who just died, but in his young fighting years. The scenario is actually a composite image for several issues/relationships in my life at present (death being either in the offing or metaphoric, depending on which issue/relationship). It puts me in mind of my recent poem "Prayer to Surrender" (posted here) which is essentially about "letting go and letting God," as is said in 12 Step parlance. Photomorph "Reluctant Farewells" (9-4-14 004v2c) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home