Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, June 12, 2016

LIFE AT THE EDGE (photo) & AS DECEPTIVELY SIMPLE AS ONE ... TWO ...THREE (dream writing) by Roswila


AS DECEPTIVELY SIMPLE
AS ONE ... TWO ... THREE

(1)

she wants to know where I got my new sneakers,
though I don't think this means she likes them
as they're rather different, a hybrid I grew
from the seeds of two other pair: bright red up front
with variegated floral embroidery, and pink
in the back with darker spots that morph
as I walk; I try to explain how I went about
doing this: first gathering seeds from one of each
parental pair of shoes, then soaking them together
in water before planting, but I don't even get
to describing the fun harvesting process
before our fragile connection's lost


(2)

being her employee doesn't seem
as much of a challenge as it might have
a couple years ago: I'm unruffled by her hidden
anxious oversight and unconscious judgment,
and simply go ahead with the many projects
she assigns me in my own peculiar fashion,
moving back and forth, from one to the other
as the spirit moves me and even adding
creative flourishes if I so desire, after all
I'm retired and don't need to work,
and will only do so as long as it's enjoyable,
though I blush to admit, I also like
this feeling of being needed


(3)

what a magnificent old tree, I think, as I look up
at the roof of the several story building on which
it grows, a tremendous windblown cedar, but immediately
feel sorrow as I can see it's barely clinging to that edge
all life comes to at the last; it's such a difficult shot
almost straight up against the bright light of the sky,
but I scramble for my camera anyway, hoping my lack
of technical skills won't ultimately leave me
in front of my computer screen
filled with regret


[on three separate dreams of 6-10-16 (posted 6-11-16). These three separate dreams recapitulate the course of a dear friendship, from its beginning years ago to the present. Photo "Life at the Edge" (6-23-09 2692v3) & Dream Writing by Patricia Kelly (C) 2016]


PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home