Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, June 11, 2016

THE TENT (photomorph) & THE DRESS (on a dream) by Roswila


THE DRESS

at least for once it's quite clear why
I'm being shunned: due to my anger

also for once it almost makes sense when I
stretch to see things from their perspective

and yet, and yet, why have they made no
attempt to understand why I'm angry

but I choose to stay around them anyway,
finishing the folding of another gal's clothes

one of the shunning women works close by,
silently folding someone's else's clothing

she continues her careful work though
she's clearly a bit nervous to be around me

I pick up a white lace dress that's lovely
and not only antique but very large

I try to fold it, saying out loud that this must
fall right off its owner when she wears it

the woman says nothing, but I go on, asking
if I can use her just folded piece as a guide

she responds with a huffy monosyllabic "Why?"
clearly not understanding what my aim is

I add "A better way to put it might be:
I want to use your folding as a pattern,

a specific process of laying out and organizing
that I can use on this unwieldy old tent of a dress

so that I can pack it away neatly at last
and move on to the next challenge"


[on a dream of 6-9-16. If you'll pardon the pun, this is a dream/piece that unfolds in a different way each time I read it. When I first recalled the dream I did not think much of it. But once I began writing about it, all sorts of layers became apparent. Which is why I write anyway about dreams that seem uninteresting on initial recall. Photomorph "The Tent" (6-6-16 005v2c) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home