Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

SUNDOWN #2 (photomorph) & THE SINGULAR RIDE (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


THE SINGULAR RIDE

he's driving again
which makes sense given I
never learned how to
but this is a dream and why
can't I be at the wheel for once

ah well, that's just a red herring
it's a splendid ride, if about to end

he's approaching
the highway exit ramp
and I hope that he'll
take it at a more moderate speed
than is his normal tendency

lo and behold he slows appropriately
and up the gradual curving ramp we go

(not forced to one side, as I pray
the car won't go up on two wheels only)

the sun's setting light a pastel curtain
drawn on what had been a singular ride


[a mix of tanka and two-liners on a dream of 8-17-15. BTW, I never have learned how to drive. And when I am at the wheel in a dream, I'm having some sort of difficulty. Also, the "he" here was my actual father. I've had other dreams in which he's at the wheel. I have a lot of associations to this dream but will let it speak for itself. Photomorph "Sundown #2" (6-24-15 008v2d) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home