Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

WHIRLIGIG (photo art) & THIS SPINNING OF THE WHEEL (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THIS SPINNING OF THE WHEEL

the wheels on the bike go 'round and 'round...
my long deceased mother and I, each a minuscule
figure clinging to the inside of the front wheel rim
in a different place, ride high... then low...
then high... as the bicycle rolls on...

ah well, another dream
spelling out the almost cliché
"what goes around comes around,"
but maybe this one dips a bit deeper

one might question, for instance,
who follows who in this scenario:
I could easily assume it's I trailing after
my deceased mother as she revolves
out of reach and unaware of me,
a resonating symbol
for how unwanted I feel,
have always felt

and there's another way to look at it,
a hot flush on my cheeks suggesting its truth:
how can I expect to really see, much less
deeply connect with any fellow traveler
when so totally focused on my own ride
on this spinning of the wheel


[free verse poem on a dream of 5-5-14. My immediate association on recalling this dream was to The Wheel of Fortune in The Tarot (Rider/Waite/Smith version):


Photo art "Whirligig" (4-15-14 020v5) by Roswila]

CELEBRATE OLDER AMERICANS MONTH: MAY 2014!


PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,







[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home