Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, April 26, 2014

CRESTING (photo art) & THE SCRAMBLE (dream prose poem) by Roswila


THE SCRAMBLE

dang it all! where's this leak coming from?
catching it in a cup as it weeps out
of the yellow wallpaper* and emptying it
again and again in the sink is not only
a bore but just plain impractical ... well,
dummy, follow the wet trail up the wall
to its source, why don't you? ... hm, I never
knew one can see right up into the attic
from here above the bathroom, of course
I hadn't ever made the stretch before
to chase a leak, nay, a small waterfall ...
omigosh! small waterfall indeed! I'd better
let the landlord know about this right away,
all his stored boxes are getting soaked
by that fountaining plume of water
in the middle of the jumble ... uh, at least
I'll call him as soon as I can back myself
down from this precarious perch,
that soggy floor below looks awfully
far away, and I feel like a treed cat:
it was lot easier to scramble up


[prose poem (? -- I'm having that difficulty again recently with what to call much of what I post here) on a dream of 4-25-14. *The yellow wallpaper is the title of an early feminist horror story and was my immediate association to the wallpaper in this dream. It's one of those stories that has stuck with me intensely over the years and has shown up before as a dream association. I'm not sure what tree I've got myself up, but I sure do feel stuck here, at least for the nonce. I find it interesting that water in this dream is coming from above (at least its immediate source, who knows where the roots of the fountain may be). Water in my dreams is usually of the lake or sea variety, and I'm usually on or in it. Photo art "Cresting" (4-6-14 009v4) by Roswila]
PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,







[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home