Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

GROUND DOWN (photo art), & ON BUSHWHACKS & BELLS (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


ON BUSHWHACKS & BELLS

he requests another decoration
for his Christmas tree from my stash

to honor this tradition I bend over
and rummage through a box
searching for a small ceramic bell
I think he'll like

just as I put my finger on the bell
I'm bushwhacked from behind
by a humongous house cat: one front
paw tightly gripping my right ear
and the other my left shoulder,
while its hind legs clutch my calves

I try to straighten up but it's so
weighty I fall flat on my stomach
to the floor, resisting my urge
to roll over on it as I can feel
its teeth grazing the nape of my neck

instead I try to get on all fours,
but even so it's too heavy and I flop
with a resounding thud on my side
on to the rough grey carpet

what does this dang cat
want from me anyway?
I've heard of having a monkey
on one's back, but a feline?

and how will I ever get out from under
so I can bell this clawed juggernaut


[free verse poem on a dream of 4-28-14. In my dream "vocabulary" cats can represent a variety of things, almost always aspects of myself, ranging from pleasant to difficult. Photo art "Ground Down" (12-3-10 10061ev6) by Roswila]
PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home