Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, April 25, 2014

TORTURED TAKE OFF (photo art) ) BIRDS (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


BIRDS

the skinny boy child's the only one
in a full classroom of attentive kids
to ignore the instructions I give

he'll not entangle his fingers
in the way I demonstrate,
nor make up a story about a bird
from the shapes I point out

I try to draw him into this exercise
but his only response is a quiet
"Why do I have to do anything at all?"

I continue to flutter by his side
refusing to leave any child behind,
a knot of knowing building
in my stomach that even speaking
to his parents would be of no avail

for it's clear he bears their dark belief
like a boulder blocking a cavern mouth:
that he cannot learn to fly


[free verse poem on a dream of 4-24-14. Photo art "Tortured Take Off" (4-19-14 005v7) by Roswila]
PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,







[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home