Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, May 05, 2014

IN THE FIRE'S WAKE (photo art) & THOUGH DECEASED (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THOUGH DECEASED

she's deceased these many years
and I'm accustomed to her
occasional visit in a dream
yet this one's surprising for look
how young, slim, and beautiful she is

heads turn in a whispering wake
as she sails through the huge party
thrown in her honor, nodding
to each person with a bright smile

I, too, am stunned by how gorgeous
she is, but more so by how totally
she ignores me, the one who took care
of her while she died, as if
I'm not even here

I quickly subsume my hurt to a wry
acceptance, after all what can I really
expect after a lifetime of seeing
needful things that others often
can't or won't, and of not being taken
seriously when I could use it most

before I can retreat to steep
in the sustaining cauldron
of my inner world, I see she's now
huddling next to me, silent and close,
hiding behind my considerable bulk
from the hubbub in the room

though deceased these many years,
she's still very much alive
and just as needful


[free verse poem on a dream of 5-3-14. This was mildly lucid in that I knew I was dreaming again about my deceased friend. It was dreamed the same night as the one posted about yesterday, "In the Dog House." "Though Deceased" was the first dream of the evening. Things only seemed to go further down hill after that. By the way the "she" in this dream was an actual friend that I did take care of as she died of cancer, decades back. I should also note that here she's symbolizing an aspect of current relationships I have (at least as I understand them), as well as of myself. Photo art "In the Fire's Wake" (4-19-14 003v5) by Roswila]

CELEBRATE OLDER AMERICANS MONTH: MAY 2014!

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; and TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home