Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, December 30, 2007

HAIGA in Response to One Deep Breath's Prompt of 12/30/07

the lightly frosted window/your beaming face


This week's prompt at One Deep Breath is "frost." The haiku above is based on a memory, one of the many precious ones I will take with me when I move cross country to California in one month. A dear friend had gone out on my terrace to smoke, then tapped on the window and grinned back in at me.

You can get a pleasurable chill from others' responses to this prompt by clicking on the link to One Deep Breath above and following the links in each comment. (The image is from newfreedownloads.com.)

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At 11:11 AM , Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

smiles through the frost - lovely!

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger Mad Kane said...

Lovely! And a far happier take on that prompt than mine. :)
Mad Kane

 
At 7:37 PM , Blogger SandyCarlson said...

This reminds me of the windows of my home when I was growing up. How they glistened when they frosted on the inside! God bless, and happy new year!

 
At 8:52 PM , Blogger the laughing gypsy said...

I love it! Both the inspiration for the 'ku (your friend) and the mountain beaming in the picture. A Laughing Gypsy

 
At 10:22 PM , Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Oh, I like this. A friend and frost!

 
At 10:33 PM , Blogger Greggo said...

nice haiku! i hope you enjoy california! it has it's good points, but after having lived there for 38 years, i doubt i'll ever move back. lol.

 
At 10:40 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

A lovely frame indeed.
Happy new year!

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

LOL, Greggo! I could say very much the same about New York city, having lived here 64 years (and this apartment for 23 of those). I'm ready for something quite different at this end of my life. :-)

 
At 4:18 PM , Blogger JP (mom) said...

I love looking in on this poem! Brilliant. Happy New Year! Peace & love, JP/deb

 
At 4:50 PM , Blogger qualcosa di bello said...

nothing warms the heart more than seeing a face of love through a frosty window...very beautiful image!

happy new year!!

 
At 10:43 AM , Blogger Jone said...

I am smiling. Good luck on your move. What part of California?

 
At 11:53 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Jone,

I'm delighted that you are smiling.

I'm moving to Goleta, which is just outside Santa Barbara (southern CA). And that's almost the only thing consistently bringing a smile to my face these days. Moving, under any conditions, is soooo hard.

 
At 4:20 PM , Blogger Quiet Paths said...

This made me smile and nod my head. Very nice - thank you.

 
At 8:44 PM , Blogger Sandy said...

Ah, yes! Memories make some of the best poems which remind us of some good and not so good things.

Your poem warms me at the thought of seeing your friend's beaming face.

Lovely

S

 
At 2:28 AM , Blogger Everydaythings said...

lovely! I dont think youll be getting much frost in california? Nice memory captured in your haiku.

 
At 10:02 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Hi Krissie,

No, hopefully no frost down in southern CA where I'll be, right outside Santa Barbara. But if I go north or up into the mountains...who knows? I don't plan on that for some time though. I'll be very happy just to have the beautiful memories of winter for a while and laugh at the hard ones -- like trying to balance on icy streets with arthritic knees. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home