Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

HAIKU: Response to One Deep Breath Prompt of 7/3/07



bright summer day
we squint to read our poems
in the dingy bar



This week's prompt at One Deep Breath is to think about light/shadow. The haiku above is based on memories of many a sunny afternoon poetry reading in a shadowy bar in Greenwich Village, New York City (a sort of artsy, "bohemian" area of town). Great fun, but hard on these aging eyes. Especially when the light outside was so bright by comparison. :-) The collage above is one I did on the cover of my first dreamku notebook.

Give One Deep Breath (link above) a visit to see what you can by others' lights and shadows.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At 9:30 AM , Blogger Regina said...

I love the contrast in this haiku! I can also squint in bright sunlight too!

 
At 10:10 AM , Blogger Plain Foolish said...

Good contrasts here.

 
At 11:05 AM , Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

Yes I've been there! Well captured moment!

 
At 1:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another "light and dark" that did not occur to me, Great poem!

 
At 2:44 PM , Blogger get zapped said...

Very nice haiku. I can place my self in the dingy bar...

 
At 8:30 PM , Blogger Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Reading poetry in a dark bar sounds inviting today. I liked the contrast in your words - and the collage is wonderful!

 
At 12:58 AM , Blogger Clare said...

Great atmosphere created in your haiku. And your artwork caught my eye right away -- very nice!

 
At 3:00 AM , Blogger jem said...

This made me smile. I always smile when poetry refers to poetry!

 
At 8:30 AM , Blogger Heartful said...

I love the immediacy and realness of this...by the way, I have started to keep a dream journal, you inspired me!

 
At 10:19 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Oooo, that's wonderful, heartful blogger...dream journals over time become quite a treasure, especially for artists/writers. :-)

And thanks all of you who made comments about the collage. I have a heavy box of pictures and catalogs, etc. I save for just such purposes. Narrowing down the choices is half the fun!

 
At 7:16 PM , Blogger Rae Trigg said...

I really like your haiku. I can almost see the dim bar contrasting with the bright sunlight outside.

 
At 10:23 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Yet another great take on the prompt. Love the haiga too.

 
At 5:04 PM , Blogger Patois42 said...

Not only can I see the scene, I can smell it. Great poem and wonderful collage cover. What talent!

 
At 10:08 PM , Blogger megan said...

this one made me smile...and i could almost smell a bit of stale beer.

 
At 6:44 PM , Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Somehow I think if I managed to find my way into a dark bar, I might not return to light. Love the Haiku and the Dreamku cover!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home