Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, June 30, 2007

ON SLIPPING (Poem by Patricia Kelly)

The World (XXI) in The Gipsy Tarot



ON SLIPPING


this life of mine is such
a loose fit at times I could almost
walk right out of it

mostly though it just rumples
and wrinkles and gathers
in bunches rubbing at
sensitive spots until I sigh
and re-arrange
and smooth
and tend to its constant
stuttering slippage

were it not for that rare moment
when my lumpish frame and this
life meet, no rub, no slide,
nor even sense that we are separate

I might simply
slip out


* * * *


A lot of my "house shmatas" are way over-sized, having been bought before I lost of lot of weight. There's only so much altering I can bear doing; I saved most of my sewing energies for my street clothes. :-) (I've "made do" with altering as much as possible over the past few years as clothes are such an expense, to say the least.) The upshot is, I swim in almost all of my house shmatas, even using strategically placed safety pins. There's also humid weather, in which sheets and furniture throws stick and rumple and need constant re-arranging, etc., etc. Then this morning, after pinning my house shmata for the millionth time and re-arranging the throw on my easy chair for the gazillionth, the first line of the above poem just "popped."


* * * *

Resource: Concelebratory Shoehorn Review, "a monthly literary arts magazine" that has some cool photos, too (several of my poems are to appear in one of the fall issues).

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love ON SLIPPING...

bzzzzzzzz,
Elizabeth Cunningham

 
At 12:56 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Wow, after reading all my dreamku you actually read this one, too.
:-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home