Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, July 16, 2007

HAIKU in Reponse to One Deep Breath's Prompt of 7-16-07




I diaper that slow
toilet leak again
slower plumber


This week's prompt at One Deep Breath is "bodies of water." Yeah, I know a leak may not seem like a body of water to a normal person. But when you have badly arthritic knees and nearly couldn't get up off the floor after trying to turn off the water to the toilet (the handle was totally jammed), any leak at all seems like a tsunami! And believe me, it brought back memories of diapering when I'd wrap my old towels and cloths around that thing's smooth rounded foot. LOL!

To enjoy others' takes on this prompt, just click on One Deep Breath above. [The triangle in the image above is the alchemical symbol for water; © Robin Wood 1997, and is Used with Permission]

* * * *

'til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At 12:21 AM , Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

interesting take on the prompt! I just hate leaks!

 
At 3:54 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

That's an unusual take to the prompt.
Sorry to hear about your bad knees.

 
At 4:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nightmare to me.

Rose

xo

 
At 7:28 AM , Blogger Tumblewords: said...

How fun! Great take on the prompt!

 
At 10:32 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Ah, yes, tumblewords, I meant this entirely to be funny. Yeah, the situation wasn't fun, per se, but I laughed all the way through it...

 
At 1:12 PM , Blogger get zapped said...

Funny, but sorry about your knees ;(

 
At 9:00 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

To all who commented on my knees: I have high hopes of their improving as I get more weight off. In initially lost over 100 lbs some time ago, gained a bit back, and am now losing again... it can only help. :-)

 
At 5:54 AM , Blogger Heartful said...

I just loved the unexpected perspective in this! Very every day and very zen!

 
At 7:20 AM , Blogger Plain Foolish said...

Oh, you totally have my sympathy!

It took a very long time to have the leak repaired in my apartment's heat register - during a cold snap last winter. Brrr.

 
At 3:50 PM , Blogger Annie Jeffries said...

Great way to express frustration.

 
At 6:06 PM , Blogger Patois42 said...

I love that this is the first poem this week! Made me laugh aloud.

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

And I, Patois, loved that you laughed! That's what I was feeling as I wrote it.... and during the diaper escapade, too

 
At 7:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could see that as a body of water. :)

Hope the plumber comes soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home