Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, July 21, 2007

THE BLESSING (Dream-Based Poem by Patricia Kelly)



THE BLESSING
[dreamed and written in May 1996]

My grandmother kisses me
softly at the corner
of my eye as if to bless
my vision

My child's heart leaps:
Daddy's Mommy!

This grandmother
who hugely mothered me
against her powdered
and corseted flesh

kisses me at the corner
of my eye as if to say:

look see how you are loved


* * * *


[Image: The Six of Pentacles in The Witches Tarot; this card often has a meaning of generosity]

Resource: Jae Newman's blog post about dream poetry, has good suggestions for how to write a dream-based poem, too.

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blogs ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL and ROSWILA’S TAIGA TAROT.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:14 AM , Blogger Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

I called you Roswila above, but should probably say, Patricia, though I associate your poetry with Roswila. This is both a wonderful dream and beautifully expressed gentleness.

 
At 11:06 AM , Blogger Roswila said...

Thanks, again, Marcia. I answer to both Roswila and Patricia. :-)

I'm glad this dream poem comes across as you say. The death of Jennifer's father is only one of too many grave illnesses around me recently, raising many old memories of loss. So I was myself much in need of comfort before I read ODB's prompt this week.

 
At 12:59 PM , Blogger Nancy Bea Miller said...

Oh, I love this one. Meaningful for me, as well. Thanks!

 
At 7:35 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Thanks Nancy Bea. It's quite wonderful to have one of my poems be personally meaningful to someone else.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home