Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, December 18, 2006

HAIKU: Response to One Deep Breath's Prompt of 12/18/06

Photo: Tundra Lake, Manitoba, Canada, WebShots.com


frigid rain ends
sudden sunlight crosses
the empty page


This week's prompt at One Deep Breath is about winter storms. I filled that page with writing rather rapidly after this experience. :-) I enourage you to visit the site to read the full prompt and enjoy others' responses.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 11:53 AM , Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

Lovely haiku, nice to chosse just after the storm as your focus. Beautiful photo too.

 
At 12:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the image of the "empty page"

 
At 1:18 PM , Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I love when the sunlight fills the page. Lovely!

 
At 1:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely poem, with all its extremes.

 
At 6:23 AM , Blogger Andromeda Jazmon said...

I like that empty page after the rain.. the contrast of light with the way raindrops can be like print... Good images!

 
At 11:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, a perfect description of writer's block ending! Did I get it?

 
At 8:01 PM , Blogger Roswila said...

Yes, in the literal experience of the ku, definitely. And as with many ku once I wrote it and "sat" with it, I saw it carrying a wider "meaning," in this case, talking to a renewal of spirit in general.

Happy Holidays to All, speaking of renewal!

 
At 9:08 PM , Blogger JP (mom) said...

Beautiful metaphor ... JP

 
At 6:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this one, too... especially since I have severl "stormy" projects on my pages right now and would love to see some sunlight :)

mpm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home