Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, December 23, 2006

FOUR GENERATIONS PHOTO WITH A HAIKU



This season has so much to do with family one can't help thinking about it a lot. I've always loved this photo that is nearly as old as I am (I'm 63 in a couple of weeks). I had to crop it a bit in Paintbox to fit it in at a resolution where it is at all clear. The coconut palms are missing, but you can still see a banana tree's leaves in the upper right. This was taken in Florida where I lived until I was 5 years old, when we moved here to New York where I've been since.

This photo is of four generations of my family on my father's side. I'm the babe in arms. My greatgrandmother is on the left. The grandmother I adored is on the right. My Dad is holding me. I gather he was still pretty much a stranger to me. As you can see from the uniform he'd been away in the Air Force. It was the very tail end of WWII. So my greatgrandmother and grandmother (and mother -- I'll put up some fabulous old photos I have of her in the future) were more of my world. Here's a haiku about a dream I had of my Grandmother Hill:

grandma's gift
roseate stone
in dream setting


I woke up feeling loved and secure, as I always felt with her.

* * * *

‘til next time, keep dreaming,

Roswila

[aka: Patricia Kelly]

****If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****My other blog: ROSWILA’S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home