Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

AT THE CROSSING (photo) & DOES VERBIAGE RHYME WITH GARBAGE? (dream tanka series) by Roswila


DOES VERBIAGE RYHYME WITH GARBAGE?

as the other two
old ladies and I start to cross
the suburban street,
I see a couple of young men
harassing woman not far from us

the other two gals
are a little ahead of me
and in danger
of also being verbally
accosted by these dark youths

I tug at their arms
pulling them back to stand
close by my sides,
whispering, play dumb, like you
don't speak any English at all,

and as if you're
a bit stupid -- then they'll leave us
alone, for they never
act out, but get their kicks solely
from flinging scary words around


[tanka series on a dream of 8-18-15. At one level this dream is about a kind of thinking I can still get into (i.e., those guys are my own thoughts). But what I find more interesting, actually, is how this is the third recent dream in which "playing dumb" is a protective strategy. And that's the level to this dream I will explore more later. Photo "At the Crossing" (6-24-15 009v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers, as the above is), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,






[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's connections & other blogs: Charter Member of the United Haiku and Tanka Society (UHTS); ROSWILA'S TAROT GALLERY & JOURNAL; ROSWILA'S TAIGA TAROT; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT; and THE MARKER TAROT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home