Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, March 23, 2020

COMING APART AT THE SEAMS (photomorph) & WHAT AM I STEALING (mixed format dream poem)


WHAT AM I STEALING

what am I stealing,
over here, by the garbage bins?
I may not know what,
but I do know I don’t want to
get caught red-handed with it

ah, speaking of red,
that guy just spotted me and he’s
waving a red scarf
in a rather seductive way as if
deflecting my dismissive mien

OK, so that’s his game: I flirt right
back letting him believe what he will

just as long as he doesn’t figure out
before I do, what I’m trying to steal

who knows, I may lose out (as I often
do) if he decides to take it for himself


[two tanka and three two-liners on a dream of 3-22-20. This is a more than usually dense dream to “unpack.” So, I’ll leave it for later and maybe pull some Tarot cards on it. I can say now that it’s jam-packed with multi-level associations. E.g., there's a lot of covid19 anxiety under it all, especially on how will we survive the empty supermarket shelves, and such. And that red scarf: wow, although it actually feels more like someone waving a red flag at a bull.
😊 Also, I woke up this morning with a broken blood vessel in my right eye (rare that that ever happens). So, I’ve got a weird looking red-eye. After just now choosing the photomorph to go with this poem, I think maybe its content and title may reveal the dream's deepest level. Photomorph “Coming Apart at the Seams” (Screenshots-many 2-04-19 [7])]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant or contrasting aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home