Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, December 29, 2019

POSEUR (photo) & "coloring the bracelet ..." (re-posted & tweaked dream haiku) by Roswila


coloring the butterfly bracelet iron spine


[repost of a dream haiku I wrote in April of 2007, edited recently into monoku (one-line) form. This version came out of that wandering through my ancient haiku notebooks I was doing some time ago, and posting some of the results here. I have quite a list of others for possible re-posting, many of their previously shared versions lightly tweaked on re-discovering them. I chose this one to post in its new monoku form because I have always liked the contrast within it. And how suggestive it is (at least to me) for such a straightforward image. I must also admit to needing its inspiration very much these days: one can be delicate and creative, and still be strong. Info on monoku. I’ll add that I like monoku visually (as I’ve said many times here before) because its single line echoes how haiku were laid out in original Japanese calligraphy: one line (but vertical). There’s more not only to the monoku form for me, but this particular little poem. However, I’ll leave it at this for now. Maybe I’m back to re-posting old haiku of mine. If so, you’re in for all sorts of other nattering on my part.
😊 Photo “Poseur” (Archival Old Pix-10, 4336e[2]) taken of me (Roswila) by another person, but edited by me a couple of times over the many years since it was taken]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant or contrasting aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home