Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, December 13, 2019

BLOW MY MIND, WHY DON'T CHA!?! (photomorph) & TRUMP THIS...PUH-LEEZE!!! (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


TRUMP THIS … PUH-LEEZE!!!

… well, I can’t even put pen to paper to write notes
about this dream without my waking mind reacting
super-intensely to it, so I’ll let morning mind have
its say first = W.T.F.!?!?, OK, that said, on to
the dream itself: I’m POTUS’s new private
secretary, unsure as yet of my duties but already
aware one of them is to be occasionally available
sexually: ACK!!! (my waking response inter-
poses itself again) him!! of all people!! I
then return to recording the dream, but it’s too
late to get any more details, my waking disgust
has wiped out any further recall … sigh … would
that this were the case with wiping out the mushy
dream memory of POTUS briefly on top of me …
would that I could find meaning in, or at the
very least, do something creative with this icky
image stuck in my brain: but most of all,
would that there were some way
to flat-out trump it!


[free verse poem on a dream of 12-10-19. This is the one I mentioned in my comments to yesterday’s poem post. In my defense (LOL), I do have dreams about our POTUS’s, usually when they’re in office. But Clinton was a dream favorite for some years after he left office. My dreams cast Clinton as either my lover or good friend. My Obama dreams were strange, one had a cool dinosaur in it, though. And I was not overly fond of Reagan, but he showed up not many years ago in a friendly capacity. The obvious “meaning” at one level of my President dreams is that the man represents some powerful, controlling factor in my life at the time. And addresses my relationship to it, in some fashion. It’ll be very interesting to see how that plays out when we finally do have a female President. Photomorph “Blow My Mind, Why Don’t Cha!?” (6-22-09 2656v9) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant or contrasting aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home