Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, September 30, 2019

FAMINE (photomorph) & "chewed out..." (old dream haiku) by Roswila


chewed out
a naked woman curled atop
the dinner table


[written in July 2006, but based on a dream of many years earlier found in my old journal notes. I’m continuing to go through those ancient dream haiku notebooks of mine that I mentioned in yesterday’s post. I’ve always liked this dreamku; gives me a little laugh every time I come across it. A sort of wry laugh, of course. For this re-posting, I made two tiny tweaks: the last line is now the first, and what had been “on” is now “atop.” (That second edit has to do more with the rhythm of the line than anything else.) This is one of those ‘kus that illustrates what I most love about dreams: how they offer concrete images for commonly used expressions. I.e., we use an expression, say, “I got chewed out” without really thinking what that’s literally saying. This dream makes that clear: chewed like food, man! There’s also that woman’s nakedness which adds another level to the dream. Beyond an immediate association to the idea of her now being nothing more than bare bones after that chewing out. Enough! I’ve often noted here how I tend to write much more on tiny poems than on the lengthy ones. Putting the meat back on the bones, so to speak.
😊 Photomorph “Famine” (Screenshots-many 1-25-19[20]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home