Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, October 01, 2019

THE CAULDRON (original Tarot card design) & TWO FOR THE RECORD (pair of dream haiku) by Roswila


TWO FOR THE RECORD


dark stirrings the future brews in the cauldron


* * * *

dream vision: the frail
old woman from the future
implores my help


[a dream monoku and a kinda, sorta dream haiku, both written in 2006 on dreams that were most probably older than that. Actually, that first one – the monoku, i.e. a one-line haiku – was not in monoku form when initially written, but put into it a couple of years later. And I say “kinda, sorta” about that second dream haiku as it hasn’t ever felt very “haiku-ish” to me. Enough critiquing. I’ve chosen these two from the on-going review I’m doing of those three ancient dreamku notebooks of mine I’ve been posting from here, for a reason. I’m struck by that sense of concern about the future in both of them. Especially, as I am rapidly becoming that “frail old woman,” not to mention that our world is in crisis (climate, and otherwise). Additionally, I was reminded a couple of days ago, in a different context, of a Tarot card I designed years back that I call The Cauldron. Its most basic meaning is “That out of which everything comes, and that to which it returns.” The image at the top of this post is an old sketch of mine for that card. BTW, when I say “designed” I mean from scratch. The idea of and image for this card are mine. The Cauldron Tarot card does not exist in any deck but one I have made or am developing. Image & Dreamkus by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home