Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Wednesday, October 09, 2019

PUNCTUATION IN SEARCH OF MEANING (photomorph) & THE LENGTHY LETTER (dream) by Roswila


THE LENGTHY LETTER

she says, as she often does, “Let me know
if I can help…” with a soto voce “during this
hard time you’re having” trailing her
offer; well, sigh, ok, though I do not like
accepting help as I’m cussedly independent,
it would be nice not to have to fuss with
proof-reading this lengthy business letter
my brother’s written and printed, that has
somehow become my responsibility to
straighten out; so, I say “yes” and she goes
to work on it even before I can walk away;
I get caught up in watching what her
corrections are: dang it! I told her she needs
to be careful in making any notes of changes
on the letter as this is the original copy
that will be mailed; but she’s making many
large, dark scribbly notes in the margins;
ack! I’ll have to go to all the trouble now of
printing a clean copy on my fractious printer,
but first, I’m going to have to take over
the proofing and editing, especially with
regard to that central, huge paragraph that’s
filled with quotes and quotes within quotes:
she clearly hasn’t a clue how to punctuate
anything; damn! some help’s no help at
all! even more irritating, I really should
have learned after all these decades that if
one wants something done right, one has to
do it one’s self; and saddest of all? why
bother at all with going over and over,
tweaking and correcting this lengthy letter
that’s got to be long out of date by now:
my brother died six years ago


[dream of 10-8-19. There’s a lot in this dream relating to my current life. But central is that the brother in this dream is my actual (now six-year’s deceased) brother who also represents someone else in my life. When I got that, the deep sadness in this dream became understandable and clarified a current issue with which I’m struggling. BTW, all the editing/tweaking/proofing imagery comes right out of my on-going evening activity these days: working on those old dream haiku notebooks of mine that I’ve been posting from here. Photomorph “Punctuation in Search of Meaning” (ss-many 3-15-19[2]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home