Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, April 27, 2019

OUT THAT CHICKEN! (photomorph) & COUPONING?! (mixed format dream poem) by Roswila


COUPONING?!

me? couponing?!
actually needing a few cents off
a junk food sandwich?
dang it! I saw a chicken filet coupon
in this mass of newspaper adverts

but I guess like everything else, it’s chickened out
and run off, turning its back on my intense hunger


[a tanka and capping two-liner on a dream of 4-26-19. Another response to an incubating question, this time: “What’s the most important issue in my life right now?” I asked this as I’d begun to wonder if maybe that “locked door” issue of two previous nights dreams were not at all what most needs my focus. And that’s why I was locked out to begin with. (Scroll down to read my two previous posts here for the dream writing and my comments, if you’re so inclined.) The issue/answer in the new dream poem above? Two things: how I eat and how I manage my money, and they’re very mixed up with each other. So much so as to be almost one big, messy issue. It’s too much to go into here. Suffice it to say I’ve been wrestling with these two tangled issues the vast majority of my adult life. I now have a clearer picture of why I was locked out of that dream apartment that so reminded me of one I lived in for 23 years before moving here to CA. Another huge issue of mine is focusing on the past, and that lock-out dream was suggesting that the past is done, gone, over, there’s no going back even just to try to understand. Right now, continuing to face and deal with my food/money stuff is paramount. I’d even say critical, given how heavily they impact other aspects of my life. Photomorph “Out That Chicken!” (7-28-09 4458v7b[2]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home