Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, April 26, 2019

DELIVERING THE MESSAGE (photo) & F (dream narrative) by Roswila


F

yep, a yellow capital letter F is all I see, hanging
in the dark of dream memory, as if chalked
on a blackboard; is this the answer to the question
I’d asked, over and over, before going to sleep
“Why was I locked out of that apartment in my dream
last night?” this F is certainly a simple enough answer
given that dream responses to waking questions can
often be elaborate, but how am I to understand
this one letter? does it stand for the “f” word
that’s become almost ubiquitous in young folks’
speech these days (and, blush, mine in private
as I get older and older, and crankier and crankier)?
or, is it what hits me (gently, but firmly) upside
the head: I’ve been given a failing grade, the only F
I’ve gotten in my entire life, but here it is, posted
indelibly in my memory in yellow: not my favorite
color, though it was my mama’s; of course, a raft
of other questions remains, and at the top of the list:
at what did I fail ? as I think more on this F image
a disturbing and deeply sad association surfaces
to the yellow Stars of David, chalked on Jewish
folks’ front doors during WWII by Nazis: I’ve been
judged and identified as a failure -- in what way,
by whom, and the ultimate cost for which, all
yet (and maybe never) to be known


[dream of 4-25-19, in response to the incubating question mentioned in the dream writing. The previous night's dream was posted here yesterday. Photo "Delivering the Message" (Screenshots 4-11-19[2]) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post); TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home