Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, July 06, 2018

PLAYING FOR THE WIND (photomorph) & ...AND YET MORE DIDJ'S ... (dream narrative) by Roswila


...AND YET MORE DIDJ'S ...*

didjeridus, again!
this time more than one
and they couldn't be more
different from each other,
but I'm determined to play
each of them in this talent
showcase; the other
performers before me have
done their amateur selves
proud and now it's my turn
to hopefully do the same;
as I'm being announced
I make some last minute,
hand-written notes about the
three didj's I'll be playing,
the third an exceedingly odd,
bowl-lampshade shape
and the most challenging
to play of any I've tried
over the years; a young
woman near me in the front
row pipes up impatiently
on my note-taking, mumbling
"Why don't you just play them
already?" (ah! echoes of New
York City in that phraseology);
I put down my notes and take
a couple of experimental runs
at getting a good didj growl
out of the one with the basin-
lampshade shape, but barely
get a whisper; I stand up,
wobbling less then usual with
the effort, the two column
shaped didj's in my left hand
and the bowl-shade shaped
one in my right; it won't kill
me, or even hurt all that much
to fail at yet another attempt
to play a thoroughly odd didj,
for as long as I am so deeply
drawn to these ancient drones,
it's more important that I
simply keep trying


[narrative on a dream of 7-5-18. *didj = my shortening of the spelling of the drone instrument of Australian aboriginal origin, that I both have and play = didjeridu (the more common spelling is didjeridoo). The title and the opening two lines reference not only a very recent didj dream I had, but the many I've had over the years. Link to most recent didj dream with some explanatory notes about my history with didj playing. Photomorph "Playing For the Wind" (9-15-16 003v3a) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home