Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, June 24, 2018

THE ONLY WAY OUT (OR IN) IS THROUGH (photomorph) & THE QUEEN TO SNOW WHITE (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


THE QUEEN TO SNOW WHITE

Beware! Your haunting hope's
more like a starkly charming
incubus invading the long night,
feeding your desire with passion
as insubstantial as moonlight

Beware! You just might
starve on this diet of hope,
that like oh-so-sweet cotton
candy melts away as soon
as you close your emptiness
around it

No, no, my dear, why not
instead take a bite of this
juicy ripe red apple I hold out
to you in my frail old woman's
hand, shining like a heart
bursting with anticipation
at the touch of your gaze

Then, feel the first swallow
slide down your throat as if
toward a secret birth promising
no illusion
no starvation
just endless sleep


[non-dream free verse poem written in June 2010, and revised several times since, most recently today. This is one of many poems I have that never quite jell but keep calling out to be worked on. I.e., there's something there I've not yet said or it's just not said quite "right." With this particular poem I have removed and reinserted that opening stanza several times. I may have posted this piece years ago here, in an earlier version. (I used this blog's search function but couldn't find if this was so. But I also know the blogger.com search function often misses things that are there.) Wonder what I'll think of this version if I stumble across it years down the road? Especially as I still have a vaguely uneasy feeling about it. BTW, this same unfinished but still interesting issue crops up in my photo/morph work as well. Even more often there. Photomorph "The Only Way Out (or In) Is Through" 6-25-09 2811v6) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home