Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Sunday, April 08, 2018

COSMIC WINDS (photomorph) & I WILL NOT GO THERE ANYMORE (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


I WILL NOT GO THERE ANYMORE

I will not go there anymore

no, won't even try that ever again

and don't think I could go there now
if I should be daft enough to give it
another thought

most things have only one time,
one place, one hook-up
that might succeed

yes, I know, all you and I have left
(hell, ever had) is for you to be the flame
to my dazzled moth, but only after I've
finished exploring this wide, deepening
night on my newly unfurled wings

the likelihood of this just released
moth, whose iridescent sails bear
brilliant eyes, ever returning
to that isolating cocoon
... well, you get my drift, don't you?

there are universes to explore, in which
(never fear) you will still be burning
at my back like old Sol in the far
Milky Way, and to which,
when I am ready, I will give over
at last to the cosmic winds,
and sail into the heart
of your fire


[non-dream free verse poem written 4-5-18. Been working at this poem quite a bit, and it still doesn't feel quite "right." Maybe it's one of those that won't fully manifest until I've actually posted it. Yeah, that happens. I'll put up a poem I'm not sure is "here" yet, then see it a few days (or even weeks or months) later and it will hit me what's missing or off about it. As it is now, it gives me a little image indigestion: that attempt to interweave a moth, a sailing ship, and cosmic travel ... :-D Photomorph "Cosmic Winds" (6-28-09 2988v9) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home