Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Friday, March 09, 2018

BEYOND THE NET (photomorph) & INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAYS 2018 (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY 2018

dream one:

she leads a small
roomful of women in a
ball game I've never seen
played; it's rather fun, a sort of
volley ball-basketball blend with
other twists mixed in; I particularly
enjoy playing it as, for some reason,
my joints handle the running and
dribbling and throwing just fine;
so I'm a bit pissed when folk
begin to angrily accuse
her of making this game up as
she goes along; hell, all games are
made up! what do these females think?
that they spring full-formed from Zeus's
head, or fall from a tree in one fell swoop,
rules and all? and don't they get it? what
really matters is that we've been having
fun, and all while in a cooperative
group effort! how cool and
unusual is all that?


dream two:

that woman I simply
cannot abide but have chosen (for
reasons that feel quite prudent, given
her influence in our community) not to
create an open break with, is watching
as the food shopping she's had delivered
to her rooms is put away; I'm way late
for a performance I'm to do and also
very hungry (I've really messed
up: so much for my vaunted
organizational abilities);
I wait impatiently as the
delivery person puts the groceries
in her little fridge, even as I flinch at
each imagined second ticking on into
tardiness; I reach past the delivery person
for a small portion of finger food to keep
body and soul together, explaining my
rudeness, and thanking this woman
I can't stand: seems even those we
heartily dislike have stuff of
substance to offer
after all


[free verse poem on two separate dreams from the evening of International Women's Day, March 8, 2018. Both women were women presently in my life. These dreams are (as most) multi-layered. E.g., I also see men I know in each of the women here, not to mention various aspects of myself. It was such fun to wake and know I'd had two women-centered dreams on Women's Day... but mostly just to remember them, given my recent difficulty with dream recall! Photo

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home