Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Monday, March 12, 2018

WINTER'S CUP (photomorph) & THE ENCAPSULATED SUN (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THE ENCAPSULATED SUN

how did I became
such close friends
with Sharon Stone?*
I don't know and let go
of the question as we stand
chatting on a winter,
tree- lined sidewalk;
I become far more intrigued
with the clear, hard glass, close fitting bowl
encasing Sharon's head and face, as it's identical
to one I used to wear decades ago like a goldfish bowl
over my own head, thinking myself protected
from just about anything
life could throw at me, and even believed I was seeing
clearly through its rounded walls the soap opera
others lived out around me, since the closer
I put my face to this glass shell, the more
the distorting of its deeply rounded lens
diminished, winding up barely discernible,
with my view only vaguely tinted by its
pale green, translucent barrier;
of course, as the years went by I wondered
how I could have been so sure of all this,
separated as I was from direct contact
with anything outside my own head,
just as I now wonder
how Sharon can not only be youthful-looking
and serene, but seemingly live her life quite
fully from behind that glass bowl;
I reach out to touch it, fascinated
to have some experience of a barrier
like my former one from the outside
for the first time;
its smoothness is not surprising, nor its slight chill,
and the delicate green tint it gives to her skin
may be why she's still youthful looking;
my palms thrill to each stroke I make
of its curved sides, which delight
Sharon quickly recognizes, prompting
a smile from her still beautiful face:
this impossibly encapsulated sun


[free verse poem on a dream of 3-10-18. It was clearly Sharon Stone in this dream. But she actually represented a couple men who are dear to me at this time in my life. I became quite certain of this as I edited this poem, reading it over and over for sense and grammar, etc. Strong associations surfaced between roles she's played and my male friends, along with other pointers in the dream imagery. I was then surprised I'd not recognized who she symbolized sooner. I hasten to add that I'm not totally free of my own "goldfish bowl." Which could be why I can sometimes recognize it on someone else. (Possibly no one ever is free of this barrier. Maybe we only spend more or less time out from behind it.) Photomorph "Winter's Cup" (6-21-10 10006v2b) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home