Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Saturday, March 10, 2018

EVERYTHING FALLS DOWN (photo) & THE WEIGHT (free verse dream poem) by Roswila


THE WEIGHT

he says "just let whatever it is
fall ... let it all fall down ..."

yes, I think, yes, that's what I'll do,
I'll let this weight go, let all I've felt
for him fall down right around him,
scattering on the ground like loose
sheets of letterhead on which every
secret's been scribbled, each page
curling up like a closing hand
in the steamy heat
of his presence


[free verse poem on a dream of 3-7-18. This doesn't really capture the full story of the tiny dream fragment from which it comes. It was actually a vaguely lucid fragment, as I was aware I'd done some of the scribbling to try to make sure I'd remember the dream on waking. Yeah, kind of a challenge to get that down clearly and still be "poetic." So I went with the above version, that does hew to the deeper sense of the dream, and which I only got to by trying to write in that lucid aspect. LOL! ... the extent to which I'll go to try to claim anything of my dreams for writing, especially given how little I'm tending to remember these days. Though I've recalled a couple recently, who knows if it's a trend or not? Photo "Everything Falls Down" (6-4-17 039v3) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home