Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Thursday, March 08, 2018

RED SKY AT MORNING (photomorph) & "the clouds hover low ..." (non-dream haiku) by Roswila


the clouds hover low
over the far distant islands
protection or threat


[haiku written 10-29-16, posted in November 2016, and re-posted today, 3-8-18. This is now the third time in recent days I've chosen a pic for a post, before determining the already posted poem it's to be paired with. All three times it's been largely due to no viable dream recall for the night before. But I think it's an order of proceeding I may try with a fresh dream poem some time, as well, and see how it goes. BTW, I do have some extremely vague recall from last night, of starting to write a poem about a dream as I was dreaming. Vaguely aware I was doing this (i.e., I was ever so slightly lucid at that point in the evening's dreams) in order to keep the dream from totally escaping me on waking. I may yet try to work that tiny bit of memory up into a dream poem of sorts. Photomorph "Red Sky at Morning" (10-18-17 009v2) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home