Roswila's Dream & Poetry Realm

SEE ALSO: TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT (photos, realistic to abstract)

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

BACK FLIP (photomorph) & WHAT A PASS (non-dream free verse poem) by Roswila


WHAT A PASS

this is certainly a pass I've never imagined,
nor even had I, would have thought I'd to come to:
where the unmet painful old yearnings toward you are a comfort,
compared to those that other man have left me aswim in, making
drowning feel like a distinct possibility; maybe this rather sere
comfort I find in my affections turning back in your direction
is as simply explained as a gravitation toward the familiar:
at least I'm clear what's unknown about you and that it will stay
that way, out of reach, if still magnetic, and there's no come here,
go away from you, just a steady pull toward what I know you've
never offered, no huge and nearly world shaking surprises
and tensions bursting from you: let me lean my yearnings
silently and softly against you again, my handsome bastion
of unavailability


[non-dream free verse poem written 12-26-17. Photomorph "Back Flip" (3-3-10 10002v2h) by Roswila]

PLEASE NOTE: in most browsers you can click on the above image for a larger version. Also, the photo accompanying a post is not necessarily meant to illustrate it, but to reflect some small, even slant aspect of the verse, similar to Japanese haiga (illustrated haiku).

There are many other sorts of posts on this blog. I indicate which are about or influenced by dreams. Some non dream focused posts are book reviews, "regular" poems (some by other writers), scifaiku, writing exercises, Tarot haiku, photos, haiga, and so on. However, most of those are in much older posts. There's a listing by month going back to early 2006, at the end of the sidebar.

* * * *
until next time, keep dreaming,





[a/k/a Patricia Kelly]
**** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or poems, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”). Roswila's other blog (dedicated to her photos only, i.e. no poetry or other writing; daily post)
; TRYING TO HOLD A BOX OF LIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home